View Single Post

April 8th, 2013, 00:37
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
I'm telling you guys that it isn't that, look more in to the details of the game.
I hear you Rune. I took a look at those links you posted in another thread (thanks again for that there was a lot of good reading/watching there) and there is enough solo player features to keep me interested in this game.

At the same time, there is a significant multiplayer momentum with this game that can't be denied. For those of us who are only interested in the solo play - the glut of info and chatter about the online aspects just aren't that interesting. But I can also see why RG is taking this path… because it certainly seems like there are far more players out there who are interested in the MMO aspect of this game than the solo player aspect as demonstrated by the number and frequency of questions posed by players that are focused on the multiplayer aspects.

I really wanted to be more excited about this game but while some focus is certainly on gameplay features I know I will like, there is also as much focus if not more on the online stuff which I already know I will not engage no matter how innovative and glorious it turns out. Like a lot of developers out there, RG is convinced that the multiplayer phenomena has just begun. I on the other hand, am totally burnt out on it and completely uninterested. Stick a fork in me, I am utterly done with MMOs.

Anyone who shares my views on this probably also feels the way I do that the more I read about SotA the more I feel like I'm a periphery demographic and certainly not part of their primary audience.

The good news is that kickstarter has brought a crop of new indie games in development that I am looking very much forward to so if SotA doesn't do it for me, at least some of the others will.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch