View Single Post

April 8th, 2013, 12:50
This doesn't look like the type of game that I would play so I won't be disappointed if it doesn't succeed. A simplistic character development, not being able to have a sense of accomplishment (which is the reason why I stopped cheating in games a long time ago) and no consequences means I would get board pretty quickly. Having an obstacle you need to get past to progress is essentially what makes a game and if you don't have that or you can just skip by it then it is no longer a game.

PS. I do agree about not having time sinks but not even having something that you need to surmount to progress in the game is not the way to make a game. Having puzzles or quests that make you think or an enemy that is extremely challenging and can't be taken down easily and needing to get past that to progress will give you a sense of accomplishment which becomes enjoyment. Combine that with a good story, dialog, choices & consequences and you have the potential to have a great game but without those elements it's like you tried to build the rpg but it is missing a piece and will likely collapse under your weight.

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar