View Single Post

April 8th, 2013, 16:33
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Well pardon me for my ignorance but I don't know what Ouya is.
The word Android is what bothers me a lot, in fact when I see that a game is set to be ported on it, or on iOS, all I can think of is removing so many fun elements from a game just to make it portable downgradable/dumbdownable.
Everything else written on KS and in the interview I really find intriguing and would love to try such game. I was serious when I said that after reading the interview I went to pledge on it just to find something I really don't want to support at any cost. I mean, here we have a game that could bring out some fresh and innovative things to the genre, or genres, and maybe I do get feeling sorry for not supporting it in the first place, but hell. Haven't joined a single KS project that involved Android/iOS and am not changing my mind no matter how interesting the project looks.

In case the project gets rebooted without Android/iOS plans, I'll definetly jump in.
Ouya is a console, whose design generated the largest Kickstarter funding to date. It is meant to allow Android games to be played on larger screens…

I do agree with you to some extent about Mobile/console ports, but think it is OK if they are designed first for the PC, without compromising mouse/keyboard controls or nerfing the gameplay. Then they can the port it wherever they like as far as I'm concerned.

Since Unity makes porting to mobile platforms pretty easy, we can expect to see a lot of Kickstarter games adapted for other platforms in the future, I think.

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor