View Single Post

April 8th, 2013, 23:03
Originally Posted by Sacred_Path View Post
Uhm… DivDiv's gameplay was an amalgam of Ultima 7's cutesy NPCs and world interactivity with Diablo-esque combat and character building. What exactly is it that you find unique about the Divinity's?
From the 'tone' of your response it's doubtful I'll change your mind but here goes for what it's worth. I wrote my own review of the game on Gamespot years ago to help fill in some detail of things I'll say in this post.

Divine Divinity wasn't revolutionary in terms of the kinds of gameplay features it offered. I too saw the U7 & Diablo 2 connection. But it also had a fairly good story to tell which I compared to BG2 (though BG2's story is far better).

While most RPGs today focus on a certain aspect of RPG whether it's the storytelling of Dragon Age or the tactical combat of Neverwinter Nights 2, or the sandbox experience that is TES. But DD offered world simulation, character development/combat, & storytelling in a single game and took those features to noteworthy levels.

3 complex feature-sets all under one hood and done quite well. That's why it stands out to me.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch