View Single Post

April 9th, 2013, 10:54
Originally Posted by Roq View Post
Strictly speaking, just for combat, Original Sin wouldn't need any of the NPCs to have personalities; story and dialogue would also be unnecessary. But, I don't think that's the kind of game that many people would want to play… probably including yourself. It's really a very odd position you are taking that in an RPG half of your party should have no behaviour and be totally bland. Can't imagine why anyone would *want* that.
I repeat myself: there are already two fleshed out characters in the party. I would be bummed if "henchmen" are upgraded to "companions", but the dialogue with them doesn't have the same depth as dialogue between the two core members. And that means A LOT of writing in this case. To which one could say, "doesn't matter as long as they can do it with that amount of money". Which would be true, but personally, I'd rather those ressources were spent on something else, because I don't want the focus to shift to other characters, and I personally very rarely get a kick out of PC "personalities" in CRPGs. It's just so rarely done well that I'm better served by leaving their personalities to my imagination.

"In Grimwhoah, you can ride on turtles."

Sacred_Path

Basement Horror