View Single Post

April 9th, 2013, 21:19
Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan View Post
Thanks Todd, for the explanation. Somehow MMOs still scare me (and not just because of the jargon), but I'll proably at least give it a try sometime. Hearing you guys talk about visiting all these great places from the books makes me want to jump right in.
I fought it for a long time. Even when I started DDO, I really tried to play it as a solo game (possible to do, but not really the intention of the design). It really helps if you jump in with a couple people you "know". DDO has its share of idiots and assholes (honestly, it's a very small percentage, but they're "loud" and their antics get lots of publicity) and if you're unlucky enough to stumble on several when you're just getting started it can ruin your impression of the game. I'd assume LOTRO would have the same issue. For DDO, we've got the RPGWatch guild which gives newbies a safe haven while they get used to playing the game—I don't know if it would be possible for y'all to put together a similar thing for LOTRO, assuming you'd want to.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer