View Single Post

April 16th, 2013, 13:24
Originally Posted by TimtheTaxMan View Post
Honestly, I'll wager that the biggest reason they still cater to single players is that they are a private company. They don't have the relentless quarterly mandates of Wall Street to contend with like EA or Activision. They can make a game they want to make, make some decent profit on it, and be happy.
I agree mostly. Yes, this could be the key.

Having to give "Partners" consantly a share also can run companies dry.

Of

- money
- creativity
- ideas
- honesty
- consumer-orientation.

Companies which follow this scheme are

- "Wall Street oriented"
- oriented towards conveying money from the customers to(wards) the shareholders
- oriented away from the customers and towards the "Money-machinery" in general
- oriented towards money in the end.

In Capitalism , where "Ultimate Grows" is the ultimate goal, ideas and invention have no place - except when they can be exploited towards even more money growth (that's why there do exist those "Patent Trolls").

Honesty also has no place there - because you can't buy money for Honesty, so to say.

And that's imho why shareholder companies treat customers the worse , the more money-oriented they are : Everything that does NOT contribute to "money growth" is simply considered

either a

- factor of cost
- a "non-contributing factor"

but in the end both is the same.

Which once again reminds me of the Nazis : They considered handicapped people

either as

- factors of cost
- "non-contributing factors"

and therefore decided to "eliminate" them. Elimination of human people who did - in their eyes - do nothing but evoke costs.

Pure Capitalism is - at least in my eyes - similar : Everything that evokes cost or does not contribute to the "Money Growth" scheme simply gets eliminated.

Which - in my eyes - makes both "Philosophies" be at least "brothers".

In fact, the early Nazi "Philosophies" were in fact heavily influenced by the so-called "Ordoliberalism" : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordoliberalism

Unfortunately not translated yet : http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Hunke

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR