View Single Post

April 19th, 2013, 01:29
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
This comment makes absolutely no sense. Surely after taking an hour to get past a boss is the biggest accomplishment of all? That's what makes this game so special and unique. The game rewards patience, you can't go in button mashing and expect to survive.

After playing Assassins Creed, Skyrim and Dragons Dogma where there is no punishment for death, this game is a breath of fresh air. There is no other game out there that makes you feel so nervous about dying.

As long as you keep your shield up, keep on the move and wait for the right time to attack, you should be able to get through this game…….if your nerves can take it.
How does my comment make no sense? For me, spending an hour repeatedly trying to get past a boss battle is not fun. It's tedious and it feels like I just wasted an hour and made very little progress story-wise in the actual game. Especially if there is a checkpoint system and you have to repeat content. I have a very limited amount of gaming time per week, and being stuck on one area for too long will end up with me getting irritated and deciding to play something else.

You clearly feel differently and that's a valid opinion. For you, the challenge is what makes the game fun. I understand that and respect that. For me, I like games where there is no punishment for death. Dark Souls is not me for, and I can accept that. Maybe if it gets cheap on Steam, I'll give it a try.

dpc76

Watchdog