View Single Post

April 28th, 2013, 08:54
Originally Posted by CraigCWB View Post
If you guys are so well pleased with the games that have been coming out in recent years that you don't have time to play all ones you'd like to play then you aren't the target audience Fargo wants to reach. You're the target audience he's saying he can now bypass. I mean no offense by that, but it seems like it should have been obvious but somehow got missed by some people here. Just pointing it out.

Anyway, I hope Fargo is sincere about what he's saying. However, having been a witness to the old breed of major PC game developers abandoning their bread and butter franchises to chase the mass market in the early 1990s, I'm less than convinced that it was nefarious men in suits in far away big cities that were the initial cause of the problem, though that certainly was an issue once it had become a mantra in the industry that development had to reach out to the largest possible demographic.
Yeah, because it's immoral to enjoy more than one type of game, right? Or maybe people have just been able to settle for lesser quality RPGs.

If I ever find myself in the midst of a famine, I'll not accept anything less than a steak, lest CraigCWB think less of me.

Korplem

Shipwreck