View Single Post

April 28th, 2013, 20:08
Yeah, because it's immoral to enjoy more than one type of game, right? Or maybe people have just been able to settle for lesser quality RPGs.

I've been playing Saints Row II recently. I got it off Steam for like $5 last Christmas when they were having a special. I got Saints Row III plus all DLC for about $10 a couple days earlier, but then when I visited the fan sites I noticed everyone was saying the second one was better. And it is. It's also a better RPG than most the RPGs that have been coming out lately. If you haven't played it yet, I highly recommend it. The other games I've been playing are World of Tanks, World of Warplanes closed beta, and War Thunder. I find myself liking WoT best of the three, though, even though I've been playing it since beta over two years ago. Last fall I was spending a lot of time binging on the last three Total War games, even though I played them all way more than I should have when they were first released.

What's my point? Simply that I'd rather replay old games I actually enjoyed, or search long and hard for games I missed when they were released, than I would settling for games I know I'll be disappointed with. I'm failing to understand how anybody who calls themselves a hardcore RPG fan could possibly look at a list of recent releases and see so much there they're eager to play that they don't have time to get to all of it.

If I ever find myself in the midst of a famine, I'll not accept anything less than a steak, lest CraigCWB think less of me.

I think less of you because you style yourself a dedicated fan of the genre when you're actually one of the easily amused casual gamers that lots of people here like to ridicule. You probably look down on people like you, yourself, so why complain when I do it?

CraigCWB

Sentinel