View Single Post

April 29th, 2013, 01:43
SpoonFULL, I started gaming in the 1970s with Chainmail and D&D when I was a kid, so I've always had a preference for wargames and RPGs on the computer. I still do, though I've pretty much given up on RPGs. But one of my favorite games of the late 1980s was F-19 stealth fighter. Other games I liked a lot in the 1980s include King's Quest and other Sierra adventure games. I'm kinda all over the place too, so I get what you're saying. I'm pretty thin skinned about RPGs when people start telling me what I'm supposed to like, though. The genre has been all but destroyed by people who thought removing depth and complexity was a good idea, in a category where fans have always cherished depth and complexity. To me, it's like George R. R. Martin announcing halfway through the Game of Thrones series that he's switching to graphic novels and thinks his existing fans will like those better.

Carnifex, I used to make a point of buying retail boxed editions of games (though I got mine at Best Buy) until I ran into issues with retail editions STILL requiring a Steam Account before you could play them. I figured there was no point getting em from a retail outlet instead of Steam if I had to be logged into Steam anyway. So now I just buy from Steam. It's probably been over 5 years since I bought a game in the store.

CraigCWB

Sentinel