View Single Post

April 29th, 2013, 02:51
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
I don't remember why I didn't go for it in kickstarter. I think it has non-consentual PvP?
The game is going to have a slider for PvP where you can choose the likelihood of a PvP encounter on a scale from 'never' to 'always'. The game will automatically assign people with similar slider settings to the same game instance.
There are, however, areas in the game, on the fringes of the galaxy, where you may get involved in PvP encounters even if you have the slider turned all the way down. There's a quick explanation by a dev (Ben Lesnick) and a community discussion in this thread.

Personally, I originally felt that this system was a pretty bad idea. PvP should always be a totally unambiguous affair in my opinion where you know exactly when you're red and thus potentially dead. That's why I wasn't a big fan of an 'analogue' slider instead of a 'digital' PvP on/off switch either.
But the latest signs all point towards a PvE-friendly design where you should be able to fly around unmolested by griefers for most of the time

Originally Posted by redman5427 View Post
Yes, isn't that the record for Kickstarter?
Star Citizen holds the record for a crowdfunded game but not the Kickstarter record. It "only" raised $2.1 million on Kickstarter and the other $4.1 million for the combined $6.2 million campaign total via RSI's own website. They definitely put the focus on their own offering to circumvent the Kickstarter fees.
The Kickstarter record for video games is held by Torment: Tides of Numenera with a final campaign tally of $4,188,927.

Moriendor

Spielkind