View Single Post

May 1st, 2013, 15:35
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Doesn't have noticable respawning? Riiiiiiiight.
Exit then enter an area and it's fully populated. Not just mobs but everything. Chests included.
Well, apparently you haven't played the game.

Due to you complaints, I actually did a fair bit of googling about this. The game has re-spawn periods for generic monsters, of 1-3 days, depending on the area. Some areas have no re-spawn at all. The chests generally do not re-spawn, only about 1/10 do, and they have generic loot.

Boss monsters, quest monsters, and special loot don't re-spawn.

Googling this, the whole re-spawn issue seems to be of interest only to people who want to cheat the game. Which means that they actively look for re-spawns, in order to grind.

The re-spawns seem to be a problem in the game only very rarely, because there are some triggers (Like crossing a bridge) that activate the same monsters attack after a certain period of days. These are design flaws, but big and complex games tend to occasionally have them.

I also learnt that for example Oblivion had a re-spawn period of 3 days. I never even noticed that, because the game didn't invite grinding, unless you were determined that you want to grind.

tuukka

Watchdog