View Single Post

May 2nd, 2013, 11:05
Excerpt from the FAQ (kindly provided by GhanBuriGhan):
A mail conversation between RC and HBS clarified the reasons HBS has for disappearing bodies.
http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/disc…#Comment_36497
The paraphrased version:
- Dead bodies can cause clipping issues where their sprites collide with other sprites.
- If bodies can be walked through, that too would cause clipping issues which they felt looks crappy.
- Solid bodies that block the path could result in roadblocks, coding around that would take programming time they preferred spending elsewhere.
- Leaving bodies on the screen would give the impression they could be looted, while they can't.

- Specific NPC deaths can still be programmed to leave behind bodies and/or items in the Editor.
The points I've highlighted are, frankly, silly reasons. You can just have a loot window pop-up while the body disappears or have items (or just credits) allocated to the leader's inventory.

Ultimately, I have no problem whatsoever with the lack of looting. I just find the reasons given to be rather disingenuous. Why not just say "we are being faithful to the original games/ideology"?

Oh well, I'm still looking forward to the game in any event

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch