View Single Post

May 2nd, 2013, 14:35
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
I'm in the other camp - I hate being forced to group up. I don't mind it as far as end game goes, and I'm still an active raider in WoW, but I don't like relying on anyone when levelling.

In most MMOs, I'm a fairly fast leveller and often end up among the first at max level - having to group up when there are only 5 people on your own level makes levelling extremely painful, so I like being able to do it all on my own.

SW: TOR probably had the smoothest levelling I've experienced. I loved it. I have a level 50 of every (base) class now. Age of Conan had even better levelling for about 20 levels, but then it fell apart completely.
I don't really understand this view point. Why do you play an MMO, as opposed to single player games, if you don't like the social aspects the MMO brings. Requiring groups are huge part of the social aspects.

Please don't misunderstand me, I am really trying to understand

I come from EQ and that required groups. My best memories of that game always revolves around groups. I understand that groups requires lot of time and social obligations from the players and people donít always have the time. Right now I donít have much free time for games, so playing a game like EQ is not possible. So I end up playing games likes WoW, GW2, TERA etc where groups are not needed (so requires less time) and in some cases discouraged. I always get bored of these games very quickly. I find that most of these new MMOs are poor version of single player games when you remove the social aspects.

So again, why play an MMO if you donít like the social aspects?

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch