View Single Post

May 2nd, 2013, 22:21
The lockboxes were found to be a way get a few bucks off players by exploiting their curiosity.
But thats the rub, game companies are always using things to get customers to part with their money be it extra DLC, expansion packs or simply the promise of rare drops in an MMO. No one is calling that gambling. Because you simply cannot bet money in this game to make an extra payoff of real life money. In Diable 3 you can make money by grinding away and selling your rare drops(why isn't this gambling?)

If you really want to buy the stupid keys they are like a dollar or you can trade the in-game astral diamonds for zen and use that to buy them. I think the zen/astral diamond exchange is also a good idea because the value of the diamonds is set by player demand. Going by the rare drops that the nightmare boxes are, I would be out a whole 3 dollars if I instisted on opening them(Or trading in some of my astral diamonds which you can make freely per day.

They also have bound and unbound items to keep the cheating down but the leveling is so quick it doesn't matter. Anyone who plays for awhile with or without spending real money will get to see high level content and they can do so largely without having to join raids and guilds.

redman5427

Keeper of the Watch