View Single Post

May 3rd, 2013, 05:32
It wouldn't have been so bad if the story was interesting. After you leave the prison camp it goes downhill fast. I wasn't expecting Mass Effect, but I was expecting something, anything to hold my interest. Where's the villain?
Spoiler
Where's the motivation to continue playing? And near the end they're rattling off names and locations that you don't care about, from the sheer boredom of it all I think I nearly died playing it . Okay, maybe it wasn't that bad, but it certainly wasn't good.

I didn't even mention in the review that unless you kill your enemies, they are going to "respawn" in the same areas and you are going to be fighting the same enemies in the same spots over and over again. Combat was fun, but by the 5th time you've killed the group when you're just trying to finish a quest, it starts to become a chore.

I'm shocked that it's gotten a decent score on Metacritic so far. But hey, different strokes for different folks and all that.

I wouldn't pay $20 for it, that's for sure. Maybe $8.

Even the romance options were half-assed. Why even include it in the game if it's going to be executed that poorly? They should have spent those resources developing a compelling plot, or an interesting back-story for your companions. Ugh. Rant over.
Last edited by Fluent; May 3rd, 2013 at 06:38.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team