View Single Post

May 4th, 2013, 11:46
Typical comments (which imho show very much the current state of the RPG genre as such) :

A : "the first 20 seconds I almost fell asleep. I cannot stand turn-based games."
B: "Good for you. Almost every game put out in the last decade has been made for you then. This one is for people that are NOT you for a change. Deal with not being the center of the universe."

A : "Great another tapped on CO-OP game, yeah fun fun. zzZZzZZzz"
B : "Yeah because every other co-op game have game mechanic for you and your friend to disagree with others in-game right? And the ability for 2 of you to be separated halfway across the in-game world and still playable, huh?"
C : "Looks like someone commenting who hasn't looked at any of the video's any of the information anything at all.. typical .. complain complain complain. Please do me a favor and actually look into this before making comments like that."
D : "Honestly, you need to look into games before commenting in such a manner. Yes it's a co-op game, but I doubt that its the type of co-op game that you THINK it is. Have a look at the pre-alpha footage from the other people also invited to play Divinity: Original Sin."
E : "I don't like CO-OP and multiplayer in my RPGs normally but in this case I don't mind. I'm gonna play it single player but those extra layers put in for the CO-OP gameplay will make for a unique single player experience. When did you ever get to roleplay two PCs and have them disagree with eachother before?"

A : "It's better with diablo style"
B : "No."
C : "Then play Diablo… or any of the other million hack 'n slash loot games, and leave turn-based to those whom enjoy it."
D : "Diablo isn't RPG. And no, it wouldn't be better."

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR