View Single Post

May 4th, 2013, 20:17
Yes, I agree with you - I often wonder when the point of boredom will be reached. To be honest, I don't see that much variation anymore there. I once wrote about "the PC platform as a dgenerated platform", and I came to this thought mainly because I saw very little variation in games nowadays. The 10.000th hack & slay - RPG clone ? Pfft.

But what still disturbs me is that real gems are often not bought by "the Public" as well. Everyone says what a nice and fine game Drakensang 2 ist - yet nobody bought it. But, okay, I'm biased, so I shouldn't really write this.

It kind of disturbs me when Gems are overlooked and not bought - and years later people come and complain :
"What a nice game this was !"
"Okay, I'll try it out. Do you have any idea where to get it nowadays ?"
"Nope."

And no-one would be able to get it, because it "didn't sell".

And THEN people either start to pirate it - or buy it online, simply because there is no other way to get it.

In Germany, we have a proverb : "To throw pearls before the swine".
Sometimes it seems to me that some people are just not able to distinguish a Perl/Gem from a … normal thing.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR