View Single Post

May 5th, 2013, 20:12
Originally Posted by Asdraguuhl View Post
Perhaps an unfortunate choice of words as it seems to have led to an unexpected strong reaction on your side.
If you think my reaction is strong and you don't like a strong reaction - then I suppose it was an unfortunate choice of words, as seen from your point of view

It isn't just about articulating but more about organising and structuring the article in such a way that it forms a coherent whole, which is not a trivial task. Were I to write a formal extensive review, I would try to dissect the game and address its individual RPG elements, both existent and non-existent with the purpose of trying to provide the reader with sufficient information so that he/she can conclude whether the game appeals to his/her particular RPG preferences.

Actually, writing doesn't come to me naturally and I tend to rethink and rewrite sentences a lot and the prospect of writing a lengthy indepth review, worthy of what I consider a reputable RPG site, would thus be very time consuming for me and quite a hurdle and I do fear ending up with an article that sounds too amateurish.
Well, for what it's worth - you seem very capable in this way. While it might be an effort - I think it would be interesting to read one of your reviews.

In case there's any doubt - I'm being sincere.

Another aspect that I forgot to mention is that, if I understood correctly, Focus Home provided a Steam key for a formal review. In that case, I sincerely believe that you have a certain responsability and owe it to the developer to provide a serious and indepth review.
Well, that's another case of us seeing things differently.

As in, I don't appreciate the distinction between being handed a key for a formal review and doing a review without having been handed a key.

Certainly, it makes no difference to me.

I would take a review very seriously no matter what.

It is the tone in your post that made me perceive it as somewhat aggressive.
Obviously, but in what way? Specifics please.

You tend to come across as someone who is quick to go into the offensive, even if you intend to be neutral by your own saying. I guess it is a known problem with an unknown solution .
I don't recognise it as a problem, really.

If I did - I probably would have done more to find a solution.

I'm not a very aggressive person. In fact, I'm probably more calm than the average human being.

I do believe strongly in honesty and I despise manipulation in most cases - which is why I don't mince words and I consider "diplomacy" a form of manipulation. So, while I do appreciate that you have to know me to understand I'm not being aggressive - I can't see it as a problem.

I'm ok with the reaction - and I'm more than used to it. I've been participating like this since the early 90s - starting with Usenet.

I've never been perceived as a particularly amiable person online

DArtagnan

Waste of potential