View Single Post

May 7th, 2013, 11:39
Originally Posted by Menigal View Post
You should be able to find some FOV setting somwhere in the Morrowind Graphics Extender, which is included in the Morrowind Overhaul.
Ah, but there's the rub, good sir. As strange as it may sound, I am not using the MGE nor Morrowind Overhaul. Instead I'm enjoying Morrowind in its original, er, "glory". That is, I'm not running any graphical mods (except Better Bodies, to lessen the quirky, angled clunkiness of the bodies). The only mods I have are basically convenience and bug-stomping ones, like Magicka Regeneration (only at a relatively slow rate), Tribunal Delay (no premature DB attacks), Fashionable Merchants (merchants don't auto-equip what you sell them), Realistic Animal Behavior (non-blighted rats, cliff racers, etc. don't normally attack you), etc., with the unofficial patches and code patches of course. I find the original graphics have a certain charm to them, they have character. It's an acquired taste, I guess. Sure, the Overhaul looks mighty pretty and I'm tempted to go with it, but so far I've resisted the temptation of the younger, prettier Morrowind and stayed true to the older, a bit cranky, and somewhat ugly Morrowind - you know, for old times sake.

Originally Posted by Menigal View Post
As for your old save not working, it sounds like you're missing a mod. You'd have to look into the error it's giving you to find out what. It might just be a corrupt file somewhere.
Well, after tinkering with it yesterday, I managed to get the old save working. I got a long string of warnings as it loaded. They were mostly like "SC_gnisis_1", "SC_maar-gan_1_2" or "SC_aldruhn_2_3" not found, which leads me to believe it could have something to do with those areas not being visited yet in game, even if they are visited in the save. Something to do with the loading of the areas (cells?) or something or other. Anyways, I'm a bit worried that even if the save seems to be working OK now, that there might be some unforseen problems just waiting to happen. Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

Lurking Grue

Random Encounter #23