View Single Post

May 9th, 2013, 08:19
I never would have touched this game in its' original form since it is an MMO and I don't play MMO's … When it went F2P I decided to give it a try. It took less than 10 hours to convert me and I bought a 60 day subscription. When that expired I bought another 60 day license and finally I became a recurring subscriber and I'm having a blast.

That would never have happened if SWTOR hadn't gone F2P so I could try it out first.

Since Steam started adding F2P games to their catalog as well I have tried several of them. Some like Tribes Ascendence have been great fun and others could easily be dismissed again but at least I got a chance to find out and that wouldn't have happened if not for F2P so I really don't mind it.

And for the record: SWTOR can easily be played as a singleplayer game. I did that for the first 70-80 hours and even though the game mechanics are naturally based on MMO elements the story and the "feel" of the game is definitely that of KOTOR 3 … IMO.

"Chess in particular had always annoyed him. It was the dumb way the pawns went off and slaughtered their fellow pawns while the kings lounged about doing nothing that always got to him; if only the pawns united, maybe talked the rooks around, the whole board could've been a republic in a dozen moves." - Commander Vimes in Thud! by Terry Pratchett

fatBastard()

Hello, I'm a Zombaholic