View Single Post

May 16th, 2013, 09:59
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Have to disagree with you on that one. It does make sense in that certain substances react differently to blunt or cutting force. Bone would be a lot easier to smash than cut imo.
As someone who's hit a few skellies with mattocks, shovels, etc., I can tell you that hitting them with something that's got some weight, regardless of whether it's got a sharp edge, does some damage.

Now, slashing and stabbing that's intended to damage soft tissue's another matter, but if you hit a skeleton with an axe or largish sword, it really won't make any difference that it's not a "blunt" weapon.

Here's a big one I can't believe I left off my initial listů

Professional adventurer: This is so common that most people probably don't even think about it. "What do you do for a living?" "Oh, I'm one of hundreds of people who slays beasties by the score and scours dungeons looking for treasure. Look, we've even got a union!" It's a ridiculous concept based around having a world full of PCs and makes adventure too commonplace. There's a difference between a mysterious traveller passing through town and doing a few jobs and having an "adventurer wanted" board nailed up in the tavern.

Menigal

Keeper of the Watch