View Single Post

May 17th, 2013, 18:01
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Perhaps I've just become overly jaded because of the DAII debacle, but I don't really understand all the love for DA: origins. The joinable NPCs were fleshed out but practically everything else about the game was incredibly cliche and uninspired. I played through once but, immediately upon exiting the origin story of my second playthrough, gave up on playing through again out of sheer boredom.

I don't mean to incite the ravenous Bioware horde (if there is any of it still around these days), but I just think a forthcoming game should aspire to be more than the sum of DA 1 & 2; even with such a joining, there is plenty of room for improvement.
I kind of agree with you. I played through DA:O twice. The first time I loved it to pieces. The second time I started to see some things that were less appealing, like the fact that the combat was kinda clunky, the graphics were bland and that the Deep Roads part of the game was really boring.

That's one of the reasons I was a little skeptical when, after DA2, people kept saying that it should go back and be exactly like Origins. That game had a lot of things I liked, but there was definitely room for improvement. Hopefully the next game will take what was best about the first two games and add some new stuff.

dpc76

Watcher