View Single Post

May 19th, 2013, 15:01
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
like?
Don't bother … he is impervious to such logic.

I mean … sure there are 'pretty' games, and fun strategy games. But aside from old-ish ports and games from Jeff Vogel, there are no RPGs yet that really compete on the level of what we here are expecting.

And it is *not* due to hardware - the iPad 4 is faster in most ways than the XBOX360 (and slower in some others) and close to the PS3, and is also faster than pretty much any non-gaming laptop from ~2008. With proper development and optimization, there is no reason we couldn't see much more in terms of deep gaming experiences. But as DArtagnan and I have discussed, until someoen develops a new paradigm for RPGs on tablets, they will all be ports.

Heck, it is more powerful than the HP Elitebook 2570p I'm typing this on … and this thing managed Bioshock Infinite quite well!

Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
But the way he is posting and the rather silly arguments based on no real factual ground/he just throws them out there makes him seem more like an anti-fanboy, one that does something to ridicule the fanboys, rather than trying to win people over.
Interesting theory … but every now and then there is something interesting, engaging and non-crazy that he says … which is actually more infuriating.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch