View Single Post

May 19th, 2013, 16:19
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
My point is more that we cannot blame the tech level for the lack of games.

I had gone through one that took it apart bit by bit, rather than the bulk numbers. And while what you say is true for the aggregate, what we are seeing is that in some areas things are much closer - which is impressive for a comparison of a huge power-sucking, heat-pumping immobile lump to something that weighs less than a controller pushing 2x hours of battery life of most smartphones while not getting too hot to handle.
It's certainly impressive hardware when you consider the physical nature of the platform - and while I agree the hardware isn't "to blame", I think it's more of a factor than you seem to think.

But that's ok, we just disagree.

As for Bioshock infinite ? Is the iPad CPU more powerful than an i3? Yes. Is the GPU better than an integrated Intel? Yes. So YES it could run Bioshock infinite. ***BUT*** not without considerable work on the part of the developer.
What I'm saying is that it wouldn't look like it does on X360. I can't account for your opinion of how it looked and performed on your laptop - so I won't try to argue that point.

How do you know the GPU power is superior to your laptop, by the way? Do you have any numbers to back that up?

Could some inferior version be made with a lot of effort? Sure. Also, that's iPad 4 - and I'm talking about iPad in general.

We will really see with X-COM later this year - we've been promised the full game. That is a non-trivial game that requires real hardware. It will be interesting to see how it does, what price it comes out at, and how it sells. That could well determine the trajectory going forward.
Yes, that should be a reasonable demonstration of my point. My guess is that they'll severely reduce mesh complexity for all the assets.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential