View Single Post

May 21st, 2013, 10:09
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
As I pointed out to you, which will stand repeating since you didn't get it the first time, the definition in that dictionary, which BTW, is not one with any obvious pedigree, does not agree with how you are using it. I know English isn't your first language, but "made inferior", in this case means changed to become inferior, not created inferior from the start. You usage is far from "perfect". It's not completely incorrect, just mostly.

Something is rotten in Denmark again, as becomes apparent when someone dares to correct you.
Mostly incorrect?

Do you prefer that I link from Merriam-Webster and post an identical Adjective?

Sure, Thrasher. You might almost convince yourself that I'm "wrong" because I'm using corrupt in a way that you don't personally agree with.

To me, the theory seemed sound until it was put into practice. The application of the theory was the corrupting factor - from my point of view. It was a good concept tainted by the flaws made apparent through its usage. It's hard to get any clearer than that.

Also, I said "utterly useless" AS A DEFINITION - not altogether. I found it interesting enough to talk about, so it's of some use - definitely.

Even in your fantasy universe where I'm wrong because I use words you wouldn't personally use - how important is that one word, really?

Is your position so weak that you must attempt pedantic corrections on someone who's from another country?

Don't you realise what that tells people about you?

haha. Really? So you are just posting here hoping you convince no one? Can you be any more disingenuous? And then more thinly veiled insults? Not only is something rotten in Denmark, it's evil as well.
Yes, I'm evil because you don't believe me. Obviously

No, I'm not hoping to convince anyone - I'm hoping to be understood. If I'm wrong or otherwise have a flaw in my perception - I prefer to be the one convinced.

I have no doubt "hoping to convince" is the position from which you're arguing - but we don't all do that.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential