View Single Post

May 21st, 2013, 18:55
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
As I just pointed out, it doesn't have to be the origin.

I'm aware of that, but it has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

Once again, I didn't say it shouldn't be treated. I'm saying, in general, that we need to look at the origin more than we're doing. I don't know why you're obsessed with B12 deficiency - but my point has nothing specifically to do with it.
Oops, I thought it was. I won't explain how I came to think it was, I'll only bore us.

When dealing with depression I think psychiaters and psychotherapists should not be treating symptoms while the problem continues to spread insidiously, they should address the cause rather than the symptom. Curing people instead of quickly producing easy prescriptions of pills.
We agree.

But, to me, their first focus should be on prescribing a quick bloodtest to determine whether there's a B12 deficiency. They don't do that, they often don't think of it and few, be it doctor or layperson, know about B12 deficiency.
That's the rationale of my first reply in this thread: remember B12 deficiency and ask for a test when being depressed, google and gather information to see whether you have other symptoms as well.

You were "saying in general".
I am sorry if you think I am obsessed, DArtagnan, but who may be reading this thread, besides you? (And others talking about the subject in general?)
If I can help someone, one person who is suffering, towards the right direction, I don't mind being labelled as "obsessed".

A man should never be ashamed to own he has been wrong, which is but saying that he is wiser today than he was yesterday - Alexander Pope

Omega

Low Profile