View Single Post

May 21st, 2013, 20:15
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
I am watching the presentation of the next XBOX called XBOX one.

You must concede: PC gaming is dead.
The other day I compared platforms on mobygames. At this time the most popular console ever made was Playstation 2 with about 2300 games.

At this time, PC have 20000 games of which about 5500 were made for DOS, a thousand for Win3x and the rest for Windows 95 and forth. Steam, that were introduced about 10 years ago and three years after PS1, have almost 2000 games, most of which have been released recently.

Consoles are entertainment machines. They need to be bought, used as they are with the content presented and that's usually little more than "entertainment". A PC is an evolutionary workstation. Its like a refrigerator or dishwasher that can also play games. Mobile phones are used for communication and tablets/pads are used for the web when outdoors. PC's, mobiles and pads are for students, for people in a job, for what we do in everyday lives. There will always be games for them, while entertainment-products come and go.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM