View Single Post

May 21st, 2013, 20:29
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Tainted is there and debased literally means inferior (of lower quality)
Nope. Not in this context. Debased and tainted in the context of corrupted means modified to be made worse. The definition of an RPG is what is it is. Is has not been modified to made worse. Try again.

It would seem even kindergarten tactics is a challenge for you
Everything is a challenge unless you are the great egocentric Dart. No, your transparency is far from a challenge. But I'm sure you'd like to think otherwise.

Yes, it's corrupt - because it's been corrupted after being put to use. I explained this already. The theory (or proposition, if you prefer) was a good one (as in, it made good sense) - but after testing it, we came to see how X-Com wasn't really an RPG to us and how it was not reversable - meaning it would fail to identify a lot of games.
That's poor logic. A definition doesn't not change or become corrupted when tested. It becomes invalidated, but even in this case it was not. You still haven't made clear what the NPCs interactions are that make the new XCOM pass the criteria. They need to be meaningful and not just menu facades.

but that you'll know I'm right inside yourself. That's enough for me.
haha, yeah, right, you don't care about convincing anyone, and then say this. OK, that's disingenuous psychotalk.

That would be the royal "we", right?
Uh no, we as in the other members of this board. I don't refer to myself that way, it's very egocentric, but I figured you'd resonate with it. Thanks for proving my point.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor