View Single Post

May 21st, 2013, 23:46
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
Too many exclusives to tell that. High class developpers will less and less bother to developp for PCs.

As to being outclassed, did you watch the show?

It looks like back to the times when you had to buy a new PC rig every six months to keep up the pace.
I find that hard to belive as all three are basically the same this generation. There will be no excuse this generation not to release on all systems.

Also here a snip from another website to back this up.
While the chips used in the PS4 and in Xbox One are different custom processors made by AMD, they still have the same underlying architecture. Users won't be able to play their Xbox games from their desktop computers, but the developers can create games for the different platforms more quickly.

"They'll get the games out faster because they'll be able to use a common tool set, which they probably already have," said Jon Peddie, a semiconductor analyst. "There's no additional tool set costs, no special training they have to go through. This is just a real accelerator of time to market for them. The net result is we'll get more games and better games."

Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
But it doesn't 'kill PC gaming' any more than anything else ever has.
It's good to see someone else say this. This is all I hear on tech sites. One thing to say about gaming is there are more options available now. It doesn't mean the death of anything.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator
Last edited by Couchpotato; May 22nd, 2013 at 00:00.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team