View Single Post

May 23rd, 2013, 17:00
Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
Recently finished Wise Man's Fear. Very good book and writing is still top quality. However its bit slow and I felt some areas drags for no good reason. Part of the reason for the drag is some of the new characters and areas introduced were not very believable. I am talking about the "training session" bit of the story. Still a good book and looking forward to the third.
Finished it last night. I thought the final 200 pages or so weren't quite up to snuff. The detail and pathos that oozed from the first 900 pages sorta dried up. Seems like something wasn't right. Either Rothfuss ran out of time and had to slap together the ending to get to his planned "location" in the narrative, or they decided the book was simply too long and did all their cutting from the ending, or some such. Still, as second books go, this one was a champion. Very excited for part 3.

So that puts me back into my journey thru Amber. I'll be picking up with book 4.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer