View Single Post

May 29th, 2013, 03:47
Well, with GoG finally getting Wizardry 6, 7, and 8, I have dropped Avernum for Wizardry 6: Bane of the Cosmic Forge. After being rudely reminded just how unforgiving the old Wizardries are (it's been long enough that I remember nothing of wiz6), I've finally got a party able to survive more than one battle.

A few hours in, I've hit level 4 on all of my characters, have some better gear on at least my Valkyrie, and have demonstrated that Knock knock is as useful as congress. Seriously, I drained all my mage's earth spell power on one casting, on a door in the first level, and with a 53 Thaumaturgy. It still failed. Oh, and Trebor sucks.

And I'm loving it. About the only thing is I am cheating a bit and using a predrawn map. I'm simply not going through the annoyance of drawing out everything again. Of course, I do still have my old maps, so I did draw them, but still it is a bit cheating.

It was the night before Hogswatch…

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

azraelck

Me Grimlock

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via MSN to azraelck Send a message via Yahoo to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck