View Single Post

June 1st, 2013, 08:23
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
I like the concept. But the pale and hard to read/see "murky yellow" needs to go! Who came up with that color scheme?? Yuck!
I think the amber/green monochrome silhouette idea for this kind of game came from Bethesda with Fallout 3. Personally, I liked the Fallout 2 style where they had actual graphic images for inventory items better better:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/197289-fa…mages/screen-6

But I can live with the silhouettes. And I like the amber better than the bright green, especially faded out. I set UI to amber in F03 and set transparency pretty high so that it wouldn't be too "loud". I love the way they kept the riveted rusty-metal plates kinda thing from FO2 for a lot of the UI. Super cool. There was a popular mod that tried to add that look and feel to FO3, but it didn't work very well.

Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
Also, I think its weird that they are going to have a nice big picture of the item, but to see the stats you have to mouse over the item. Come on, surely they can put the stats in the bottom of the text box with the picture, or if nothing else put a handy button on that pretty picture screen where it will show the stats immediately.
The stats are already on the pretty picture aren't they? Isn't that what I see on the sniper rifle panel at 1:31? I think a lot of those item graphics aren't done, though. Some of them hardly even have a description.

CraigCWB

Sentinel