Political and politically incorrect humor

Apparently, Time took a week off last week. Here's this week's crop.

cartoon43.jpg

cartoon73.jpg

cartoon23.jpg

I think the IRS was fine to go after the most flagrant criminal tax evaders in the country (i.e. the Taxed Enough Already Party). It's smart tactics to investigate the easy wins.

Some stuff...

Attachments

• ElderSpies.png
    ElderSpies.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 130
  • USA.png
    USA.png
    213.2 KB · Views: 105
  • Schnittmenge_von_Geek.jpg
    Schnittmenge_von_Geek.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 40
  • From_StoneAge_To_Computer_Age.jpg
    From_StoneAge_To_Computer_Age.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 40
Very clever HX, but the second one makes one wonder doesn't it!! :)

Very clever HX, but the second one makes one wonder doesn't it!! :)
Not really just different measuring systems. There is nothing to wonder about. If we adopted the metric years ago we wouldn't have this problem.

I could make a graph making fun of the metric system and everything the people outside of the US do also.:p

The English system has nice relationships to things in the real world rather than just factors of 10. But, once China takes over, it will be gone for good. ;)

Even the English no longer use it though!! :) The entire world has gone metric except for the USA!! The reason is actually quite simple- doing so would destroy American Football; how could you gain 10 yards if yards don't exist?!! :)

Even the English no longer use it though!! :) The entire world has gone metric except for the USA!! The reason is actually quite simple- doing so would destroy American Football; how could you gain 10 yards if yards don't exist?!! :)

We also wouldn't have 12 inch sandwiches anymore either. The horror of saying give me a 30.48cm sandwich please. The horror.:rotfl:

Nah, that won't work. We still have 12 inch/1 foot Subways down here; it's the NFL for sure!! :)

From dte's list, I find number 1 most epic :lol:
and number 2 very sad, if I interpret this correctly (thousands of died trees, and only 1 remaining ? Reminds me of the Lorax).

It's also taking a poke at the American habit of having everything sponsored by advertising. I laugh, for example, whenever I'm watching a hockey game and a team gets a penalty. The ensuing power play is always 'sponsored'!!

It's also taking a poke at the American habit of having everything sponsored by advertising. I laugh, for example, whenever I'm watching a hockey game and a team gets a penalty. The ensuing power play is always 'sponsored'!!
Didn't you know everyone is for sale nowadays Corwin. It is the American way especially the politicians.:)

Especially the politicians and not just the American ones, though they lead by example!! :)

Slow week from Time.
cartoon64.jpg

This one bites on a few different levels:
cartoon74.jpg

Good one ! :lol:
But - I didnb't quite understand the first one - who is Michele Bachmann and what does she do, normally ?

Michele Bachmann is(or was?) a politician who ran for the Republican nomination for President because God told her she would win. She lost however and I think that ever since then her career has been going downhill.

Uh, ah, okay, I understand that now.

Michele Bachmann is(or was?) a politician who ran for the Republican nomination for President because God told her she would win. She lost however and I think that ever since then her career has been going downhill.
Cool trick from God to get rid of her. Didn't know He was that clever...

Back
Top Bottom