View Single Post

June 6th, 2013, 01:21
Originally Posted by AppleIntimidation View Post
If you do a lot of travel, particularly tight space plane flights, there is nothing better and more similar to pc gaming than an iPad with a 10 hour battery life to boot. Try gaming on a flight with a trackpad on a fat laptop and compare it to the iPad. Trust me.
I wouldn't doubt that but then your more competing with a window 8 pro tablet or even hybrid tablet/laptop.

I don't own a windows 8 tablet so I can't say how it'd stack up against the ipad but being able to play my library of games I already own would be a plus.

Also the esperince is much more perso al. Iremember I was following the threat on TouchAcade on Aralon when it was being made and someone rally wanted to play it or anelder scolls game on iPhone and not even iPad. He claimed that lying down at night in his bed with the headphones on is a very personal and captivating experience. Like I said TA forums are a different breed of gamers.
A different breed indeed.

To them the controls arent the point or how complex a game is but the overall experience.
Wouldn't controls and complexity be part of the overall experience?

They just look at things differently than tou guys do.
Careful, you might not want to speak for how an entire forum of people looks at things.

Personally, conplexity is the reason I dont touch neverwinter nights 2 or most PC games. It takes too long to relearn the mechanics just for an hour playthough every other week or so. Ive had the same problem with Homeworld. Great games but the mechanics are too cumbersome. Same with total wa i just want to playnotgo through tutorials.
I embrace the complexity of games which is one reason I favor PC. As far as relearning mechanics, I can understand that and that's one reason I don't stray to far from my trusty K&M when gaming. I don't see the reason to learn new control mechanics when the content it controls is still inferior to the content I can currently play. Pc ports don't cut it either if I'm going to learn new mechanics then it need to provide a superior gaming experience. I haven't found that yet.

It almost seemed like we were having a normal exchange.

By the way, no frnchise is safe from iOS so embrace it or be left in thedusk. We are living in a post PC world, and your just a pawn in this world that master Steve ajobs crated for humanity to live in.
Almost……

sakichop

SasqWatch