View Single Post

June 8th, 2013, 19:33
v1.1.4 is out. The main added feature is support for doors that take up whole ground tiles. This means you can make maps for games like Eye of the Beholder (hope this appears on GoG soon!), Lands of Lore and Dungeon Master.

How it works is there's a new option on the Edit menu called "Block Based Doors" and if you enable it you get two new ground types available - "Horizontal Door" and "Vertical Door". These two new options place the current door type into a tile. This, combined with the 'Block' tile type should be all you need to make maps for these games.

As a convenience I've added a little dialog box when you make a new map (Ctrl+N) to explicitly ask you about this option, but you're free to switch it on and off again later - potentially even mixing different types if you want (I'm not sure why but I didn't want to rule out edge cases such as using the Edge Hazard door type - this is an art package after all and it just needs to look right to the viewer, not the computer).

Hope you like it. Download from the usual spot here: http://www.davidwaltersdevelopment.com/tools/gridcart/

Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Unfortunately I can't see a single hint on the web site about what kinds of payment methods for the Pro version are allowed/able.
Thanks for pointing that out - I've added a bit at the bottom to explain who is handling payment for me and what ways there are to pay.
Last edited by Hidden Asbestos; June 8th, 2013 at 20:14.

Hidden Asbestos

Traveler