View Single Post

June 9th, 2013, 18:46
One growth area?

I'm not sure I follow. These things wax and wane all the time - and trends change like day becomes night. There's plenty of growth in both PC gaming and console gaming - and the next generation is just around the corner, and it's still uncertain what will happen then. So, I don't agree with your reality.

I don't think there's a "massive" hate for Apple in particular - but for tablet and smartphone games, which is only natural considering how much attention they're getting as utterly inferior platforms for the kind of games we enjoy.

When greed provokes waste - it's not a nice thing to behold.

Also, I don't agree there's been even a SINGLE good RPG that can compare to any good PC RPG. Except, of course, the ports of 10-15 year old games that we played back in the day. At its very best - we have something like Avadon, which is a very primitive game, technically. A game that could have happened 20 years ago and looked much the same.

So, once they release a SINGLE RPG/strategy/action game that can REMOTELY compare to a similar example on PC and which isn't a port - I'll start taking it seriously as a gaming alternative.

Until then, a game like Deus Ex: The Fail - is just another example of how tablet/smartphone games are hurting our beloved industry by wasting precious development resources on worthless cash-grabs.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential