View Single Post

June 9th, 2013, 19:21
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
One growth area?

So, I don't agree with your reality.
You don't have to agree … it is a simple matter of numbers. Look over the last few years - console sales numbers down, handheld sales numbers down, overall gaming industry down. And yet for iOS and Android, the growth since 2008 has been >75% every year, to the point that even with the average price of a game being <$2, the share of market has gone from marginal to a huge percentage, dominating handhelds over the last several months and capturing an increasing amount of the total market.

I mean … in 2012 the traditional video game market was down 22%. Yet iOS and Android were up ~80-100%.

There is a difference between 'current reality' and 'future trends'. We can debate where things will be next week, next month or next year.

Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Also, I don't agree there's been even a SINGLE good RPG that can compare to any good PC RPG.
Not sure we disagree, as we have discussed - my whole point is that there are some good games. Whether KotOR is better on PC has absolutely no bearing on whether it is enjoyable on iPad. That question is solely based on the iPad experience.

There is a larger question we have talked about wherein we wonder when we will get an iPad-only game that we look at and say … wow, that is just one epic RPG that will diminish on porting elsewhere. And in the current context of gameplay I cant' see a path to that game.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch