View Single Post

June 12th, 2013, 05:00
The poll choices aren't really worded properly.

Technically, there is absolutely no choice here as the law of the land is clear and Snowden violated it by divulging classified information. Since he's a civilian contractor, he can't even hide behind the "enemies foreign and domestic" clause. End of discussion.

That obviously doesn't capture the issue here. While I'm probably far more willing to allow authorities to sift thru my life in the interest of security than most of you lefties, I have some real heartburn with such a blatant violation of the constitution. Given our national history of civil disobedience, Snowden's actions can be justified even though they are undeniably illegal. Of course, even in a "righteous" battle, the point of the spear usually doesn't make it.

I'm really looking forward to the logical gymnastics coming from the Obama-bots as they try to defend their messiah. He knew, he's admitted he knew, and he's defended the decision. Not much wiggle room left.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer