Thread: Xbox One
View Single Post

June 12th, 2013, 05:57
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
So, apparently the solution for those without internet connections is to buy a soon to be defunct console? Hmm.
Tone deaf is to mild a word to describe MS.

They ignored complaints about Win8 and the Metro UI replacing the Start Button. They released Win8 to spectacularly bad sales. Presto this summer there will be an upgraded version of Win8 with a start button. Go figure.

They ignored complaints about MS Office's 'life of the machine' license policy. They ignored the complainers. They released MS Office. Sales were stagnant. They removed the idiotic 'life of the machine' policy. Sales went up. Hmm… think we're onto something. Er, no…

Along comes the next Xbox. Everyone world-wide really despises the DRM being built into the machine. MS will likely release the machine as stated. Sales will likely be pretty bad. Only after suffering, they'll likely loosen up on the idiotic DRM schemes.

It seems MS MUST go through the exercise of idiocy before the light bulb comes on. Until then, they enjoy running into brick walls, over and over again.

And until you use it, it's really hard to understand what all the advantages are.
I've got news for this guy. Any business model that insists consumers pay full price for something they never will actually own is a deal breaker for a huge number of people. No amount of 'great features' overcomes this. Like selling your soul to the devil so you can be rich and famous in this life. Some people bite at this. But most are smart enough to see the price is way too high.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch