Thread: Xbox One
View Single Post

June 12th, 2013, 19:44
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Yeah, if I ever buy another console, it will certainly not be an Xbox. Given a choice between this or the new Playstation, it's a total non-brainer for me.
I've always enjoyed consoles and when new ones come out it has always been an exciting time - to see the new tech and what the new machines can do and of course the new games that come out for them.

After this particularly looooonnnggg cycle with the Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3, I had become particularly anxious to see what the next machines would bring. Like just about everyone else, when MS had their reveal I was really sort of stunned at the lack of focus on gaming along with the creepy Kinect and nutty DRM.

Currently I'm more interested in PS4 and Wii U. If I buy any new consoles in the next year it will be one of the two - probably both. I won't be buying an Xbox One unless they totally scrap the authentication schemes they have come up with and allow me to play the games anytime anywhere offline regardless if my Xbox One has connected to the internet in the last 24 hours.

It's doubtful though MS will reverse that course so Xbox One is likely to join a small cast of consoles I've never owned… Dreamcast, Saturn, & Jaguar.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch