View Single Post

June 16th, 2013, 21:47
"…BUT I can tell you one thing for sure, that most people won't ever read half of a two pages review and instead, go straight to the conclusion paragraph. Most of the crowd will go directly to the final note !"

Yep, see that all the time. This goes right into the old "fool and his money are soon parted" folder. There's only so much you can do for folks like that. But then, if they don't care enough to read the article, do they REALLY care that much about what game they are getting? (Despite their screaming on the reviewer's/game company's forums afterward.)

I really agree with MadGamer - but I think there's another explanation to the Diablo 3 business and it points to another problem with reviews. Those reviews came out day 1, didn't they? The reviewers were reviewing on servers that had much, much lower populations. What's more, the "gold copies" often used in reviews also often do not have the DRM included. All this is in the name of getting your review out there first which certainly gets the reviews read more but it also really hurts the accuracy, particularly in games where server performance is a factor.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?