View Single Post

June 19th, 2013, 07:23
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Well, I get what you are saying, and really being offended by a company out to maximize their income is very silly at best.

But in general you SHOULD be concerned by a corporate sense of hubris and arrogance and non-focus on core principles - because it is a direct reflection of how they WILL treat their customers. Just look at Sony as a great example.
Well, you see, I don't think bad PR is the same as being worse than companies with good PR.

That kind of consumer illusion is something I've never bought into, but then again - I didn't grow up in corporate America.

As I said, they're all looking to do the same thing - and the only thing that actually matters is whether their product is worth the money they're asking.

That's what I care about.

If their arrogance means they're stupid (and it does in a way, because obviously most consumers don't like overt arrogance) - then their product is likely to have flaws.

The flaws in the product is what I will take note of - not the flaws in their PR.

How they treat their customers? They're going to treat their customers in the way they think will generate the greatest profit. PR - to me - is not actual "treatment", it's just smoke and mirrors.

Obviously, they made some serious errors in judgment here - and they're ahead of the times in some ways. I don't know if I would call that arrogance. Maybe just bad research or sheer bad luck. It can be really hard to predict the audience - and if PS4 wasn't there to compare directly with, I don't know that the consumers would have reacted so passionately against Xbox One.

On the other hand, they don't seem to be having much success in general these days. Windows 8 was very underwhelming - and their Surface tablet doesn't seem to have taken off - or maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

Seems to me Microsoft are sort of incompetent these days. Not unusual for a big company, though.

Sony has certainly been through worse - and look at how much respect they're suddenly getting.

The audience is a fucking joke - really. They're so inconsistent and fickle - I can think of no other word than joke for them.
Last edited by DArtagnan; June 19th, 2013 at 07:42.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential