View Single Post

June 19th, 2013, 09:01
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
Well, there you go. Your views might change if you ever end up putting a real horse in the race. Not letting a 5 or 6 year old play a game where you play in a shady world shooting at cops while dealing with whores and other assorted underworld-ness becomes a no-brainer.
So you say

I grew up with parents that didn't do very much to control what I got to experience. Well, they did try - but with four children full of trouble and both of them with full-time jobs, it was kinda hard for them to make sure at all times.

I saw many, many crazy things as a very young kid. I think it helped me a lot more than it harmed me. But I suppose that's because I never felt threatened or that there was a lack of love and support for me.

I had this fundamental belief in the world being a good place - and people being good. It was only much later that perception was challenged.

Personally, I think it's less about what you're exposed to - and more about how you're exposed to it.

Basically, I'm just not a big fan of shielding anyone from the harsher aspects of the world. Not at all convinced it's for the best.

But if I get my own kids someday - I'm sure I'll feel differently. But as of this moment - I don't.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential