View Single Post

June 19th, 2013, 10:04
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
We simply disagree about psychology and how the mind works.

In my opinion, love is the key. If you love your child and you make sure the child can feel it - then the potential damage of purely sensory exposure is heavily mitigated.

But I feel like it's a waste to exchange about this - because it will inevitably come back to me not having children - and as such, I really have no say.

So, let's just agree to disagree
I'm not going to bash on you too hard about the 'I don't have kids' hole in your argument…

Your views on the matter are quite benign because of that fact. But you also don't need to have gone to the moon to understand things about it.

I do have to say that it is very much because I do love my kids that I pace them.

Eventually, they need to know all about the world, the good and the bad. The familiar and the different. Do they need to know it ALL by any particular age. I don't think so. I think it's a lot better in general to build knowledge of just about anything on smaller digestible chunks.

That said I'll go along with your graceful suggestion to agree to… well, have different views.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch