Quantcast
RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Mass Effect 3 - Interview with Drew Karypshyn
View Single Post

June 22nd, 2013, 09:12
Yeah, I agree none of the writing is at the level it needs to be to get me through an entire book. That said, I don't read many books - and the vast majority of them bore me to tears, so I can't say it's due to the writers just being bad. I think I'm a bad reader

I tried reading one of their Mass Effect books by Drew - and it was just awful and juvenile. The same is true for the 2-3 SWtOR books I tried reading as well. Not sure who wrote them, but they all suffered from the same over-emphasis on action and over-the-top characters.

I'm not sure what BW writers are responsible for which bits in their games - but I probably liked Mass Effect 1 and Dragon Age 1 the best. Both games have a certain level of maturity (for the medium) that's missing in everything they've done since then.

Well, I loved KotOR as well, but it was at a point in time when "cinematic" experiences in games were not the norm - and the closest point of comparison would be Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. Not exactly hard to crush those in terms of writing, now is it

DArtagnan