View Single Post

June 22nd, 2013, 09:12
Yeah, I agree none of the writing is at the level it needs to be to get me through an entire book. That said, I don't read many books - and the vast majority of them bore me to tears, so I can't say it's due to the writers just being bad. I think I'm a bad reader

I tried reading one of their Mass Effect books by Drew - and it was just awful and juvenile. The same is true for the 2-3 SWtOR books I tried reading as well. Not sure who wrote them, but they all suffered from the same over-emphasis on action and over-the-top characters.

I'm not sure what BW writers are responsible for which bits in their games - but I probably liked Mass Effect 1 and Dragon Age 1 the best. Both games have a certain level of maturity (for the medium) that's missing in everything they've done since then.

Well, I loved KotOR as well, but it was at a point in time when "cinematic" experiences in games were not the norm - and the closest point of comparison would be Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. Not exactly hard to crush those in terms of writing, now is it

DArtagnan

Waste of potential