View Single Post

June 22nd, 2013, 19:17
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
On my to-watch-ASAP list. Not interested plus it's cancelled. Nice stuff. Awsome series without a proper closure. I'll never watch that. Watching. Never heard. Another never heard. Not touching. Cheesy and silly, but very entertaining. What's that? No, doesn't stirr any interest with that title. I'd feel blasphemic if I watched that. Ain't that some soap opera? A masterpeice.

How come you didn't list The Wire?
To answer your questions:

I did not know The Wire until you mentioned it. I looked into it just now and it sure looks promising. Usually I'm not attracted to police series but this one seems to be an exceptional crime drama. Thanks, joxer! I'll put it on my list.

Garrow's law.
Garrow's Law is the true tale of William Garrow, who acted as counsel for the accused, introducing the concept of 'innocent until proved guilty' at London's Old Bailey (Imdb).
And
based on real legal cases from the late 18th century, as recorded in the Old Bailey Proceedings (Wikipedia).
I love British historical dramas.

How not to live your life
British sitcom written by and starring Dan Clark about a neurotic twenty-nine-year-old man who is trying to navigate his way through life (Wikipedia).
And Imdb
See for yourself:
Season 1 episode 1:

There are several episodes to be found but if you're interested more in the humour of Dan Clark you could also try searching YouTube for 'Dan Clark's guide to' .
Great British humour.

My family
British comedy (Wikipedia)
And
about Ben, a dentist, and his family. They don't exactly get along well - Imdb.
Episode Serpent's Tooth:

Pushing Daisies
Touted as a "forensic fairy tale", the series is known for its unique visual style, quirky characters, and fast-paced dialogue, often employing wordplay, metaphor, and double entendre. (Wikipedia)
And
A pie-maker, with the power to bring dead people back to life, solves murder mysteries with his alive-again childhood sweetheart, a cynical private investigator, and a lovesick waitress.(Imdb)
A sweet story, lovely visuals.

A man should never be ashamed to own he has been wrong, which is but saying that he is wiser today than he was yesterday - Alexander Pope

Omega

Low Profile