View Single Post

June 25th, 2013, 18:00
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
No one is forcing you to buy it. I've seen other people spend more on frivolous junk from other funded kickstaters.
True. And I won't be buying it. Not at that price, at least.

Originally Posted by Roq View Post
Can't quite see where the gameplay is going to be in this title from looking at the pitch video and haven't backed it so far for that reason. What is it you are trying to achieve? How do you progress? Exploration with some random combat isn't really enough.

And whilst it's pretty easy to make a large landscape to wander around in with Unity, it's harder to populate it with non repetitive art assets, particularly considering that the author appears to be working on his own. Maybe he's going to outsource some of that?
I think that's a pretty good question. Well, it's all about the exploration, I would guess, and survival in the wild. You could say it's the journey, not the goal it is about.
I like the idea about the paths, but I do hope there will be some combat/threats other than wildlife.

I share your concern about the repetitiveness and the world content. I also wonder about the general atmosphere, like NPC schedules and stuff.

Originally Posted by SpoonFULL View Post
My thinking is that I don't see any new ideas or better implementation of exiting ones. In fact I don't see anything that can not be done as a Mod in the Skyrim or Oblivion engines.
Well, is there anything you can't do as a mod of either of those? That's not really saying much…

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian