View Single Post

June 29th, 2013, 01:51
Hi Abel

If one thing was clear from the project, it was that you and your small team were passionate about making games. And I think those of us who backed it, did so for that reason. Making good software and especially decent RPG games is fantastically hard, that much should be obvious to anyone.

I very much hope you will continue to develop RPGs and you surely can not be said to have failed just because the first iteration of your ideas didn't work out - it certainly doesn't sound like you are all going to give up and become estate agents or something . As you suggest larger companies have the funding to iterate and so it's not so crucial for them to get it right off the bat and indeed if you follow the development of very many software projects they tend to follow misdirection after misdirection - Diablo 3 being a very visible recent example.

As for Kickstarter, it's hard to say what's going to happen in the next few years as there are some pretty suspect projects out there and the pledgers expectations are pretty high.

In any case, I hope you will report any progress here, as I think it's safe to say lots of people will continue to be very interested in ideas and progress. We also tend to have some useful (and much not so useful ) things to say.

Good luck with everything!

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor